Monday, December 05, 2005

we are shopping...shopping BUY..BUY..BUY!

by teresa
Today I met Jackie at Walmart to do some Christmas shopping for the kids our church is sponsoring. We had 12, so we split up the list and went to it. Each kid got about 3 toys (all from a list their cargivers provided) and a coat and outfit. It only took us about 5 hours. Jackie is also purchasing rack room gift cards for each of them. I can't wait until Saturdays Christmas lunch to watch them all open the gifts. I think there about 50 kids or so. Each of the kids have parents who are incarcerated. When the volunteers wrap the gifts(which will be thursday night) they put From: Dad or From:mom (whoever is in jail) and the kids get excited to think that their parent is thinking of them eventhough they are apart. Chris and I are sponsoring a table (I encourage each of you who read this to do the same). And Nick has once again been asked to help in the kitchen by the adults in charge of the afternoon. He really enjoys this so much. So I hope nobodys feathers get too ruffled by his participation. :) Anyway...now I need to get it in gear and finish shopping for my own family.

No comments: