Friday, April 27, 2007

I love my man!

by teresa *song: Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye*

Phew!
Glad this week is over.
I worked 30 hours at the bookfair this week.
Dont' get me wrong....I enjoyed being there and spending time with Ben and all the kids.
But I was really pooped (and my house really neglected) at the end of the days.

Chris and I haven't seen each other much this week.
Work, school, church,karate,fitness night, soccer practice, soccer game and the ER.
Yes the ER. No, not Ben (he has been to the ER many times).
A boy from our soccer team broke his arm in the game last night.
His parents are our asst. coaches.
His mom was out of town....so dad was at the game with him and their 2yr old daughter.
Poor thing hurt his arm pretty bad.
He was rushed to the hospital...and we joined him after we shipped our kids off with the grandparents.
We stayed until his surgery (yes surgery) was finished and we knew everything was going to be ok.
Poor thing.
Anyway...it has just not been a good week to sit and relax together.

So Chris surprised me with a night out. Just the two of us.
He booked us a room at the Marriott in downtown Norfolk.
We just checked in.
Eighth floor....amazing view...room service...that comfy Marriott bedding...and NO KIDS for the next 17 hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both deserve the break. Chris ... we're proud of you for being so thoughtful. Our bonus? We got to spend time with Nick.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Daddy and I have been enjoying staying at the Hilton Garden Inn for the past couple of days, but I really miss everyone. One more night and then I'll be home.

The beds are comfortable, but the pillows and blankets are not as good as they were at the hotel you stayed in.