Monday, April 16, 2007

quiet...stillness...solitude...peace

by teresa

Back to our routine today.
To school and work with them all.
Last night Chris jokingly said...would you like me to take tomorrow off?
HA!
I said...no way Jose. Y'all need to get out my house!
I get to enjoy the entire day with beds that stay made and counters free of crumbs and peanut butter smears and a sink free of dishes.
Being alone during the day...in the quiet (no tv, no music, no talking)...makes me appreciate my family once they come home to me.
Do you like to be alone? What do you do in your alone time? After the cleaning is done? Knit? Read? Sew? Shop? Blog?

I won't be alone the whole day. The washer repair man is supposed to pay me a visit.
Thank God!
I need my washer!!!!
Again...thanks to Jackie and George for the use of theirs this weekend.
I hope the Green's funk didn't break their washer too.

The baby shower yesterday was nice. The young mom received tons of cute things and I enjoyed chatting with all the ladies. There were FIVE pregnant woman there...all from church. Lots more baby showers to come. The only thing missing from yesterdays shower was games. No silly toilet paper game...no clothespin game where you can't say baby...no baby themed word scrambles. I love games...do you? I'm sure at least one (CHRISTIN) will have cute baby games.

I need to go wake the youngins.
I will leave you with this poem of Lauren's I found on a scrap of paper the other day.
It said...

clothes make me happy.

work gets me money.

money gets me clothes.

clothes make me happy!

She's a regular Elizabeth Barrett Browning ...isn't she folks?

3 comments:

Zephra said...

I can not have quiet in my house. Even when there is only me home, I have to have the TV or radio on. I don't watch or listen but I have to have the noise. But I love my alone time. Except for Zakary, who is fun to hang out with most of the time, there is no one there to beg, whine, cry, complain, demand, mess, or any of the other things that make me question why I because a Mom.

Musings of a Housewife said...

I love to be alone. When I'm alone, I blog or watch TV. Klassy, huh?

Anonymous said...

Great poem. Chris, you taught her well. She has made the connection between working and getting what she wants.