Friday, November 13, 2009

what a mess

by teresa

The rain that began Wednesday morning is still going strong.
Last night we had hurricane force wind gusts most of the night.
It sounded like the house was going to blow away and left us in the dark all night long.
Around here that translates into NO SLEEP. Gotta have the fan going to find the sandman.
I came downstairs on the couch (cause nothing is more annoying than listening to people breathe), lit a candle and read some of Nicholas Sparks new book. I dozed a minute here and there and then around 4:00am the power came back on. I was sound asleep by 4:01am.
We are all up now (Chris left for work) and I am desperate to get out of this house. If it ever stops raining, we will depart for nature walk around the neighbor and take pictures of the damage and flooding. I did stick my head out the back door and took pictures of our backyard. What a mess! There are chairs and soccer balls floating in the over full pool and our table and chairs are a mangled mess. We were so lucky though. Some of my facebook friends in the neighborhood have trees down (on their cars) and flooded garages.

Nor'easter 2009

2 comments:

Mom said...

That's a real mess alright. You didn't take a picture of the crawlspace cover that blew out from the side of your house by the driveway.

Anonymous said...

crazy storm!

I had no damage, just a mess of water!
My yard is a mud pit.

Sorry you guys had such a mess.