Wednesday, December 09, 2009

give until it hurts?

by teresa

Up early this morning to get ready for the MOPS Christmas party.
I can't believe it is almost Christmas.
I have done about half of our shopping.
Just Nick and Ben left on my list.
Luckily, we (Jackie, Mom and I) go lots of things checked off in the OBX.
My theme this year?
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."
It's funny, when I had the least (money), I gave the most. Towers of gifts for the kids, most of which they hardly ever used. It was space filler...."look how many gifts you have!" But, when you actually have a lot to give, you are more thoughtful about the things you buy.
Maturity, I guess.

1 comment:

Jackie Barham said...

Maturity and the kids' stuff costs more per item as they get older.