Tuesday, December 01, 2009

got socks?

by teresa

Got a call today while I was out.
It was Ben.
"Mom, can you bring me some clothes?"
At recess, he was running and slipped in the mud.
I ran up to school (with a clean outfit) and found him sitting in the office waiting.
By the looks of him, the mud puddle was 3 feet deep.
He was soaked from head to toe.
On the phone he had just said to bring pants and a shirt.
We changed in the bathroom and I felt bad because his sock were dripping...and I had not brought clean ones.
Can you imagine how uncomfortable that would be for the rest of the day?
So I did what any good mom would do. I gave him mine.
Unfortunately for Ben, I had wore my brown/green/orange argyle socks today.
He reluctantly slid them on and prayed (aloud) that there would be nothing in his teachers lesson that involved taking his shoes off for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Mom said...

This made me laugh (Sorry, Ben. I know it wasn't funny to you.) Was a girl chasing him?