Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I got $15.....do I hear $20?

by teresa

When I got the mail yesterday....there was the sweetest card from my friend Melanie mixed in with all the junkmail.
It really blessed me....thank you Mel!
Also...she had a $15 check enclosed to go to Ben's read-a-thon.
How nice was that?

Ben was soooo thrilled when I showed him the money. He picked out a gallon size ziplock bag to hold his earnings.
Now we need to fill it up!
So reach deep down in those pockets (you hearing me Nanny's and Grandaddy's) and give, give, give. Even a dollar would be much appreciated. 100% of all money raised goes into programs and supplies for the children.
And you know Ben takes this very seriously. He will certainly be working hard to earn all donations.











Just yesterday....he read 210 minutes!! Just yesterday.
10 minutes of Curious George in the morning before the bus....30 minutes of the bible after school...from 7:00 to 8:15pm....then from 10:00-11:30pm (I thought he was asleep...but he came down and said, "mom...stop watching tv and come up and READ !")
He is reading Bridge To Terabithia to me.....and he just wouldn't go to sleep.
I kept telling him he was going to be so tired in the morning if he didn't put the book down. He said..."just dress me for school now....then in the morning you can just get me up and put me on the bus". hahaha
The book is very good....and I can't wait to see how it ends tonight.

His grand total so far (with 6 days down...8 days to go) is 655 minutes!
Go Ben Go!

1 comment:

Watkins said...

I love good mail! Glad to help! Let me know about the book Bridge to Terbithia. We may get that next at the library.