Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's time to get up.

by teresa

Kai's birthday party was a hit.

About 80 people came to the dinner at church (spagetti...yummy) and they all sang Happy Birthday to him.

He looked like a deer caught in headlights when the entire fellowship hall sang out to him.

It's funny how most kids (and adults) don't even like the attention they get at a birthday party.

He got many great gifts and appreciated them all. That's rare for a child of his age. Most of the time they barely glance and what they have opened before reaching for another. I think his favorite thing was a Connect Four game from Nanny Jackie and George. He actually yelled out...CONNECT FOUR!!!...as he ripped off the paper. The kid LOVES board games and card games.


















Katy told me after the kids go to bed... her and her boyfriend Josh will be up late playing connect four. She said he is getting tired of playing Uno spin (which we gave Kai for Christmas) everynight.

I am home ...and about to sit down and read. Eventhough I went to bed kinda early last night...I didn't fall asleep until after 1:30am. I am really having a hard time dosing off lately. I just lay there and think. Think about everything from grocery lists...to books I'm reading...to Nick (sigh) and Ben and Lauren...to giving the dog a bath(fleas...in January...what the?)...from my prayer lists to errands that need running. It's truly exhausting me. Maybe I should look into a sleeping pill. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so good. I hope you get a good night's sleep . . every night. Maybe you should ask your doctor for something that will help you relax. I'm sure there is something that would knock you out.