Friday, June 29, 2007

Welcome home Nick!

by teresa

It has been so quiet around here the past few days. Not only is Lauren and Nick out of town....but cousins Kristian and Kai are also gone for a week with their grandparents. So Ben and I have passed the time with lunches out on the town, the library and lots and lots of hands of cards. Nick returns this afternoon...and Ben is excited to have his bike riding partner back. I hope they will be more appreciative of each other(no fighting) since they have been apart from one another. Yeah...right!

Chris, Ben and I went out to dinner the other night. With only one child it was nice. Less stress...no fighting and less money. We enjoyed a chinese meal...which is Ben's favorite. We lingered...having dessert and talking. Once ready to leave Chris realized he had forgot to bring his wallet. And since I had left my purse AT HOME we had a big problem. Oh...and Chris had left his phone at home too. We just sat there giggling. What to do...what to do. I took the keys and made my way past the hostess , out the door and to the car. I figured I would make the drive home (about 15 minutes away), get my purse and get back and bail out Chris and Ben who were getting another plate of food to pass the time...even though they were stuffed to the gills. As I was pulling out of the parking lot it hit me that I had left my phone in a duffel bag in the trunk after a trip to the Y that afternoon. I pulled back in...retrieved the phone and called....who else.......my mom. As luck would have it...mom was just leaving a grocery store about 10 minutes away. She came right over and gave me her purse and check card. When I walked in so soon Chris and Ben looked relieved. I payed (lucky they didn't ask for ID) and we were on our way home. I will never leave the house without my purse again. Wouldn't it have been funny to leave Ben and Chris there to wash dishes? hee hee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, he "forgot" his wallet, eh? How convenient! :)

Anonymous said...

That would have been the last time you set foot in your favorite Chinese restaurant again. I'm glad I was close by so that I could get there quickly.

Zephra said...

Isn't it funny how we think we will be happy to get a break from the kids but when one is gone, we just miss them terribly.