Friday, June 08, 2007

I got so much baby powder on me...I'm puffing white clouds with every step like I got powdered donuts hidden under my nightgown

by teresa

It's so hot here.
Too hot.
Upper 90's and nooooo breeze.
80% humidity.
All this mommas voluptuousness can't handle these temps.
I'm sweating from head to toe.
No exaggeration!
After getting the kids to bed I peeled off my clothes (literally peeled).....and hopped in a cool shower.
I dried off and covered myself head to toe with some good ol' johnson&johnson baby powder.
I feel so much better now.....and I keep leaving cool white butt prints on all the furniture.

5 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

Hahaha! You're a riot! HEL-LO Summer. It WAS hot yesterday. The kids at school went outside for a picnic. After less than an hour they had to come in and they were all hot, sweaty and cranky! I lucked out ... manned the office, so, I didn't get to go outside. This weekend should be a little better.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from MIL ... can't figure out how to fix that.

Zephra said...

I hate this time of year. Why oh why did I decide to settle in Texas?! I wish I had a pool.

Anonymous said...

I remember my mother putting on her swimsuit, jumping in the shower, and then toweling off so she didn't drip everywhere. Then she'd do housework in her wet swimsuit to stay cool. At the time, it was mortifying! What if my friends came over?!?! Now, that swimsuit idea is looking pretty good....

Anonymous said...

You mean you were hot even in your refrigerator...I mean house?