Monday, June 25, 2007

Did you pack the bug spray?

by teresa

Nick left for church camp this morning(week long camp).
He was really looking forward to it...as he loved his time at camp last summer.
We went to Target(what a shocker) for his toiletries yesterday and he wanted no help from me.
He stood in front of the wall of tiny shampoos and body sprays grabbing one of everything.
I laughed at the huge supply of hygiene products he was plunking in the cart....knowing full well that boy won't take a shower the entire week. ha ha
His morning regime will be to put on his clothes....put a hat on his unwashed head....spray axe body spray on the outside of his clothes(enough to choke half the camp)....and head toward the smell of food.

I think what he is looking forward to the most is a paintball trip they are having midweek. Also the "open all day canteen"....with no mom around to limit his snacking.

Ben and Kristian will be going to the same camp in two weeks.....then both boys are leaving for Camporama (kinda like boy scouts jamboree). They will both be gone for 4 days! Whatever will I do with my time? Hubby and I need to plan something good. Although...just staying home alone will be like a vacation to us.

Lauren is leaving on Wednesday for Gwah-tey-mah-lah! I can't wait for her return and all the stories of the children and the jungle...and the excitement in the church services. And pictures....that girl better take tons of pictures. She will write an update letter with photos when she returns and mail it out to all who donated to make this trip possible.

I am off to library with Ben. Hope you guys have a super Monday!

3 comments:

Zephra said...

Wow! You are not going to know what to do with yourself. I am glad that my son is not the only one who thinks body spray = shower.

Anonymous said...

You don't suppose Nick is trying to impress the laaydees do you? Nah ... too young! Hopefully! Wish I were going with Lauren.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Boys are so funny!!!