Friday, June 15, 2007

Well the day has come.....and gone

by teresa

Our little girls high school graduation.
It's been such a busy month preparing for it all....and now that it is over and she has left for a party at a longtime friend's (and fellow graduate) house I sit here....missing her.
Not the 18yr old her. That girl has been too busy working and hanging out with friends to pay attention to her old mom for a quite a while now.
I miss the little Lauren.
My little maniac kid.
The Lauren who would crawl in my bed and snuggle when we lived in our first apt....do cartwheels in the living room (always knocking something off a table)....rip the tops off all my flowers and bring them to me for a present...practice printing her name with a marker on the inside wall of her closet and insist (and by insist I mean throw a monster tanrum) on watching The Little Mermaid over and over and over and over again. Singing every song at the top of her lungs. Of course most of the words were wrong....but that never (and still doesn't) stop her. Little Mermaid...and Winnie the Pooh. That was her thing.
If you looked up mischievous in the dictionary...her picture would be beside it.
Some may think that a negative. But I see it as daring....carefree....self confident and FUN!
That's Lauren....from toddler to graduate.

I love that first picture. It's like where's Waldo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me CRY, Teresa. That's all I can say. I have to go wipe my eyes and blow my nose.

Anonymous said...

I love that top picture too ... and it's SO Lauren.
Isn't it amazing how those Maniac Kid traits transitioned into such an awesome young lady? I remember when we lived in a house with a raised foyer that made a perfect stage for Lauren's "shows". She would demand everyone's attention as she sang (loud) and danced for all of us. George was always amazed at how quickly she could run upstairs and scatter every toy she had at our house all over the house ... in only took seconds it seemed. Then, of course, she would abandon them all to do a show. Gee I miss those days, but, we are so very proud of her and of you, Chris and Teresa for the awesome young lady Lauren has become. Oh yeah, did I mention how proud we are?

Zephra said...

This has got to be one of the proudest days in your life...and hers. Congrats on getting through.