Thursday, November 29, 2007

by teresa

Ben and I watched Shrek The Halls and The Grinch last night.
He took his shower...we got in our jammies and snuggled on the couch together. His bedtime is usually 8:00pm....but he promised to get up good in the morning so I conceded to the extended hour (what kind of mother would I be not letting him watch The Grinch?). He reneged on his promise by the way. The morning was filled with grumbles, whining, stomping and cries of displeasure. And Ben was grumpy too.

My hands are bent and achy. Yesterday and today I took on the task of cutting out Ben's school's Campbells Soup labels that parents have sent in since the beginning of the school year. There must have been 1,000 labels in the barrel. Oh my goodness! It's a neat idea. If you cut out and send in the proof of purchase from the labels...they will give the school free educational equipment. Any school can sign up....you just need volunteers to send in labels and cut them out. My old hands will let someone else do it next time.

6 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

i totally missed BOTH shrek the halls and the grinch. am i mad about it? YES. what was i doing insead? i can't even remember, that's how uneventful it was. ugh.

was it good??? i hope they show it again.

Anonymous said...

Sterling ... shame on you! I missed them too, didn't even know they were on. I need to assign someone the task of notifying me when these things are on.

Anonymous said...

Ouchy! Yall need to use a paper cutter.

Watkins said...

My mom volunteered (us) to help with boxtops, soup labels, etc. I have been cutting and counting for months. I am trying to find other moms who would like to help with this project. Somehow the few always take care of the many.

Anonymous said...

Very funny (about the grumpy morning). Next time borrow my coupon cutter. It would be so easy and fun and your hands wouldn't hurt.

Delane said...

Our gang stayed up late to watch Shrek The Halls too, but we did watch it from bed. We were ten minutes in when I realized that I could have recorded it. So that's what we did for the Grinch, saving it for last night. I'm glad I decided to do that and cut the commercials out since ABC decided to advertise things like Pushing Up Daisies during the Grinch.