Friday, November 09, 2007

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

by teresa

Things are on the up swing here at the Green house.
We had a less than perfect week. But it only makes you stronger...right?And you know what we always say?
When life gives you lemons....you find someone with a paper cut and rub it on them.
I'm just kidding.
You make lemon meringue pie!
Seriously...I want some pie!

Gearing up for the last soccer games of the season and the beginning of Upward basketball. Chris and the kids have already been shooting hoops (when the weather allows) and basketball fever has already begun.
On Sunday he and Nick will head over to ODU's first regular season game of the 2007-2008 season. Chris is beside himself with excitement. That man loooooooves his ODU b-ball. He once again purchased two season tickets...so he will be rotating games between the boys. I wonder if Lauren is going since students get in free.
I think I will use that alone time to relax and catch up on my reading. I have three half read books sitting on my bed table. Shame on me.

Some of my favorite perseverance quotes:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn. ~Author Unknown

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.Some come from ahead and some come from behind.But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!~Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

christincherie said...

I love the Dr. Seuss quote!! I'm glad to hear things are going better. You have been in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Go Ahead - Ron Kenoly

If you catch hell
Don't hold it
If you're going through hell
Don't stop
Remember no weapon
Formed against you
Shall prosper
And every tongue
That rises against you
You shall condemn

Now the Bible says this
You need to lean this
For greater is He that is in you
Than he that is in the world
Greater than

Now this is what you do when
You're going through hell
You go ahead
'Cause you have authority
Over the enemy
You have authority
As a believer
You have authority
Over the enemy
You have authority
In the Name of Jesus

Listen folks go ahead
Go ahead
I'm goin' through
If you catch hell
Don't hold it
If you're going through hell
Don't stop

Zephra said...

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

I Love this quote.