Wednesday, November 14, 2007

by teresa

Do you remember my post a couple of days ago about the lemons? I said If life gives you lemons...you make lemon meringue pie! Well my friend Melanie did the most wonderful thing. I came home from church on Sunday and there was a message on my answering machine telling me I had a surprise coming. She came over later with a freshly made lemon pie. Isn't that the nicest thing? I am so blessed to have a friend like her.

Last night was Nick's soccer party. It was at the mall food court and we all had a good time...and good food. Chinese, bbq, taco bell and chick-fil-a. Everyone got what they wanted and then came together for trophies and cake. What a great idea. It takes pretty much no planning (we went on a night that the mall wouldn't be crowded) no reservations, no menu prep and no clean up.

Before I leave I have a question for you.
Why do 8yrs insist on using an entire roll of toilet paper to wipe themselves? And why do they try to flush it down all at once? And why does that small boulder of toilet paper clog the toilet, flood the bathroom and leak through the ceiling and said 8yr old never mentions it to anyone?
I'm going to install one of those industrial toilet paper rolls. You know...the ones that are so big and so tight you can only unfasten one square of paper at a time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your flooded floor and ceiling. I'll have to remember to check behind the kids when they use my bathroom. You need to get the toilet paper made for kids that shows them where they should tear sheets off of the roll.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention the pie that Melanie brought over to you.

Melanie...thanks for being such a great friend to Teresa. She was so happy!!

Zephra said...

3 year olds can do that too. I was thinking about pre ripped papers for him. What do you think?

christincherie said...

My brother used to do that all the time. I seriously think it's a boy thing. Something deeply ingrained in their chromosomes to use excessive amounts of TP and still manage to not wipe good.

Sterling Dawn said...

cohen did that too. angela joy jenkins babysat us during the summers and one time she had to ladle the masses of toilet paper out of the toilet with an old spoon. very gross. i don't know why they do it.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember Chris doing that. Not only that, the cheap-o toilets they make these days get clogged with very little toilet paper, so, maybe thats the problem :)

That was really nice of Melanie. It's so nice to have loving friends.