Wednesday, March 07, 2007

happy humpday

by teresa

Soccer practice went great last night. Despite the fact that it was about 30 degrees (and windy) outside. None of the kids even complained about the cold. Now the parents on the other hand were fussing and moaning and begging for a shortened practice. No such luck with Coach Chris.
As he ran to the sideline to fetch something out of his bag one of the moms said..."it's cold.....are we gonna end practice early? Cause the older teams cancelled practice because of the weather." Chris just glanced over and said, "y'all are a bunch of wimps! the kids are having a blast." And then he ran over to join the team. hee hee
After practice the funniest thing happened. He always closes practice by asking the kids to run over and put their hands in the circle. Then after a little pep talk they shout ...STRIKERS!" Last night he bent down....put his hands forward (starting the circle) and yelled "over here strikers"....and one cute little boy got all excited and ran to Chris and tried to kiss him on the mouth. It was hilarious. I guess he thought Chris was bending down for a hug and kiss.









After soccer I ran to church to take some more upward pictures. So the boys and Chris had to fend for themselves for dinner. I called on the way home and Ben answered. He said..."MOM...Dad COOKED dinner for us!" "And it's GOOD and you don't even have to bring anything home!"
I was impressed. I should be gone during the dinner hour more often.

We have a guest staying with us this week. His name is Stanley. Flat Stanley. He has been accompanying the family wherever we go this. I will post at the end of the week to show you guys all the people he has met and places he has gone.

Lauren's prom dress is scheduled to arrive today. We are so excited. We ordered from a dress shop in Texas so it has taken awhile to get here. I will make sure to post pictures. Tomorrow is her senior banquet on the Spirit of Norfolk cruise ship. It's a black and white party. We found the perfect black dress and shoes at Dillard's last week. She picked up a necklace and headband that matches. Our neighbor is letting her borrow a dressy black purse. I can't wait to see the entire outfit put together tomorrow night.

Last night Chris and I finally watched the Six Feet Under Netflix dvd's that have been sitting here for two weeks. We haven't had a moment until yesterday to sit together and enjoy. We are now halfway through the final season. I will be sad to come to the end of the season. What a moving, funny, tragic, thrilling, thought provoking show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just emailed you about SFU.

I am still so in love with that show even though I watched them all.


Senior year is so exciting.

Amber had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the parents should do laps around the field to warm them up while the kids have soccer practice. Oh boy...that was really funny about the little boy trying to kiss Chris.

You didn't say what Chris fixed for dinner. What was it???

I thoroughly enjoyed having dinner with Flat Stanley at church last night. He looked like he was having fun, too.

I can't wait to see Lauren's prom dress. I'll have to come over and see it on her. Did you ever find a wrap for Lauren so that she won't freeze during her Senior Banquet? I hope so.