Thursday, March 01, 2007

I think that I shall never see, a poem as lovely as a tree.

by teresa

I am going out of my mind people!
The house next door (not mom's) is having their trees cut down.
Pine trees. Eight, tall, monstrous pine trees.
They started yesterday..and are finishing up today.
When they cut each section off...and it drops to the ground...my entire house booms.
It feels like God himself is dropping the logs from heaven when they hit the ground with such force.
As you can imagine...Shorty the Dog is not happy about all the commotion.
But this is a minor inconvenience...when I think about all those pine cones we have had to rake up and all that pine straw that has been dug out of our gutters each month.

My friend Jackie at church brought me a little gift last night. It was a bottle of grandmas secret spot remover. She had read on my blog about the pen bursting in the dryer all over the boys clothes and gave me the bottle to try out. How sweet of her to think of me. And before I even left church I already had a reason to use it. Ben tripped coming down the stairs from class and went face first into the floor. His nose started to bleed...EVERYWHERE! And wouldn't you know it...but he was wearing his BRAND NEW KARATE UNIFORM (we had come to church straight from karate). The replacement uniform of the one that was ruined in the pen incident! Blood got all over his pants. NOOOOO!
But never fear....I had grandma's secret spot remover right in my purse. I put a drop of it on each blood spot (there were 47....yes I counted). I ran it through the wash and the pants are good as new.
Thank you Jackie!!

You all need to click over to Mary's blog (I guest posted today) and read the stats on her new grandson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks so different without those trees? Where is James going to hang his Bethlehem star at Christmas? The better question is. . . is the house going to be there at Christmas?