Sunday, March 04, 2007

“A wise woman puts a grain of sugar into everything she says to a man, and takes a grain of salt with everything he says to her.”

by teresa

It's been a busy...yet pleasant Sunday.
Nick and I were on the schedule to help in puppet/snack class at church.
But....the teacher failed to show.
Not good!
So we (along with another mother) sang some praise songs, led prayer, made up a puppet show, read a bible story, threw together a snack, printed off some coloring sheets and broke out the good ol' play dough.
We had fourteen 3-6 yr olds.
Three of which were screaming bloody murder as their parents tried to leave them (one of them had NEVER ended up staying before).
They all stayed and had a great time
I was blessed by their prayer requests (boo boo's and colds) and praise reports (new toys and good friends). I also enjoyed watching them sing, dance and jump...hands in the air....praising God with no inhibitions at all. Why do most of us lose that as we get older? Always worried about what people will say or what we look like.










He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." ''Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."

Ben had a birthday party to go to this afternoon. So while he was gone Katy came over with Kristian to work on her science project. She was doing an experiment to find out how much salt it takes to make an egg float.
Just in case you are interested....if an egg is in a glass filled with one cup of water...it takes 7 tablespoons of salt poured in to make the egg float to the top.
We had alot of fun...made a mess...and I took a bunch of pictures (which she is going to use in her presentation).






Now I am off to take Nick to church for choir practice and to Barnes & Noble with Ben to spend his gift card.
Oh yeah....my friend Melanie from MomsInTouch came over and brought me some yummy cookies. Her daughter Jamie is a girl scout and I had ordered some tagalongs and all-abouts. Seven boxes! Hush!
It's for a good cause.
*UPDATE*
I took Ben and Kai to Barnes & Noble. As we entered the childrens section Ben literally squealed with joy. MOOOOM....there is a new Magic Tree House book...he screamed! He grabbed it up then turned around and saw another "just in" book display. It was none other than Junie B. Jones. He was actually aggravated at me for not knowing that Junie B. had a new book out. Both books came out last week. I must be slipping having not been on top on that.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Books are a wonferful thing.


Lisa

Watkins said...

I am so looking forward to seeing you and the kids Friday. Enjoy the cookies and the books!

Anonymous said...

I like the title of this blog. It goes good with Kristian's floating egg experiment.

BTW. . . where do you get all of your energy???