Wednesday, July 30, 2008

clap your hands....and stomp your feet

by teresa

Another terrific night at VBS.
A cute thing happened as I was doing the lesson.
I had climbed up in a chair (a tree) and was pointing out looking for Jesus coming (Zaccheus). I shouted "there he is". When Jesus (my sister Katy) called me down from the "tree" a little boy scrambled from his spot on the floor and hopped in the chair. "I want to see Jesus too...show me...show me!" I pointed out towards the hallway (trying to keep the flow of my story going) and just then one of our deacons named Sam walked by (his head passing the window at the top of the door). The kid came off the seat squealing. After the story I tried to explain to the boy about Jesus being a man and walking around on Earth a long time ago and now he is in Heaven and in our hearts. But he just looked at me like I was nuts.
Another story another time.

I have really enjoyed having Lauren help with me this week. She is such a fun person and since she has been in college and had a job it has been nearly impossible to spend time with her. She is so good with the kids and they all love her. I am excited to see what kind of teacher she will be once school is over.
I wish I had a camera with me when we were doing our memory rhythm song(rap) last night. Some of the other helpers walked out of the room for a moment and it was just me, Katy and Lauren leading the kids. Lauren and Katy busted out some funky moves and really got the kids going. I definitely need to charge the video camera for tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren is going to be an awesome teacher! I would love to have seen Lauren and Katy doing the Memory Verse Rap ... they are so funny!

Anonymous said...

Love this picture of Lauren ... it's my desktop background now.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Lauren, too. I know the kids in your VBS class will always remember what you're teaching them about Jesus and the memory verse rap.