Monday, July 16, 2007

What a whirlwind weekend.

by teresa

Besides the fact that Maya arrived on Friday morning....we also had my grandfather's 90th birthday weekend planned. Friday...a surprise party at the YMCA he works out at. With cake and refreshments for all the staff and patrons. With him working out there every weekday (missing only two) for the past 25 years, he has lots of friends there. The staff even had the daycare children come in to sing happy birthday to him. It was real special...and he seemed to be blessed by it. Then on Saturday...all his children and grandchildren took him out to dinner and then cake back at mom's house. The only downside of the evening was when the waitress dropped the bowl of mustard all over him, my mom and Uncle Jim. It completely covered his glasses, new shirt and his lap. It was funny to laugh about later...but at the time it was so sad. They were all treated to dinner on the house.

Maya is now home....and everyone around here has babyitis. If we don't see or touch the baby every few hours we go into withdrawals.
Today I must run some errands. Get camping stuff for the boys camping trip(they leave on Wed. for 4 days) and head to the grocery store. I also need to catch up on laundry...which was set aside for visiting with all the family over the weekend.
Lauren did me the huuuuuge favor of taking the boys to the beach for a few hours so I could do these things in peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Daddy enjoyed his birthday, even with the honey mustard incident. Next time, I think I'll have a cookout instead. We could all relax and enjoy each other better. Teresa, thanks for taking the great pictures and suggesting the YMCA. That was really special.

Zephra said...

Grandpa looks hot for 90. I could only hope I look half that good at 40.

Lainey-Paney said...

Wow...I can't believe your g-pa is 90 & still works out 5 days a week!