Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Who's calling me so late?

by teresa

The boys and I spent yesterday having some fun in the sun. I surprised them with a trip to Ocean Breeze water park. Did you guys know that it cost a bazillion dollars each to get into a water park? Geesh. We stayed for six long hours cause...well...when I pay a bazillion dollars for something ....I'm gonna get my money worth. We came home tan...and tired! Really tired! We all climbed in the bed at 9:00pm. Not before we went to moms and enjoyed some grilled barbecue chicken and fixins for dinner.

When the phone rang at 11:15pm I was so out of it. I figured it was Chris calling from his Charlotte business trip. But no. IT WAS LAUREN! The reason that last sentence is in all caps...is to stress the surprise at Lauren's call to home. That child has NEVER phoned home when out of town. She's been to New York, Florida, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and 10 years of summer camp. We beg, tuck reminder notes, and stash quarters...but never have I got a call. She laughed at my surprised voice....then informed me that they MADE everyone call their parents. *pout* I thought she missed me *pout*
She is having a blast...and even asked if she could stay three days longer with her friend Marian's family (Marian stayed with us when she visited the US). She said the kids are so precious and eager to learn. She was assigned her own class and had fun making up games and talking with them. Her six years of Spanish has flooded back to her and communicating is a breeze. She was exhausted from painting a church earlier in the day was just sitting down to dinner (it is a couple hours time difference). Another shocker is that she remembered to take some pictures. Over a hundred so far...and I can't wait to see them (and her). Only four more days till she gets home. Nick will be sad....because he has been sleeping in her room (away from his pesky brother) since she left.

Today I plan on catching up on some laundry and finishing the book (A Thousand Splendid Suns) I started at the water park yesterday.

2 comments:

Zephra said...

She could of at least lied and said she wanted to call...

Anonymous said...

I miss Lauren and can't wait for her to come home.