Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

by teresa

Continuing our great weekend today...the last day before school begins.
Ben spent yesterday, last night and part of today with Katy, Josh and his family in a house at Sandbridge beach.
Chris and I spent our day keeping Nick busy. Lunch out, shopping, pool time and watching a really touching documentary (God Grew Tired of Us). If you get a chance you should pick it up and watch it sometime.
Today we will chill around the house and maybe throw some chicken on the grill. I'm sure the kids will get in the pool too...and hopefully it will tire them out enough to go to bed a little earlier than they are used to...so that 6:30am wake up won't be such a shock.
Actually, Ben and I are the only ones getting up at 6:30...and I think he is going to be fine...since cousins Kristian and Kai are going to be riding his bus too.
Nick won't have to get up until 7:45...so he should be fine.
I'm so excited to reclaim my house, get my schedule back on track and have my day be MY DAY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
That was me squealing with anticipation.

Before I go... I will tell you I picked this song today. The other day it came on in the car and Nick was singing along. Smiling...singing....belting out the lyrics.
"Oh NICKY your so fine...your so fine you blow my mind."
"Hey NICKY....hey NICKY!"

I couldn't help but giggle.
He thought the song was NICKY....not Mickey.

So I sang it wrong right along with him since it was making him so happy to have his very own theme song.

Maybe one day I'll tell him what the real title is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really does sound like the song says NICKY. What radio station were you listening to?

Gidget said...

I think it was 93.7 bobfm It's got lots of hits from the 80's!

I know...it's a shock that m station wasn't on NPR huh?

Anonymous said...

Hah! I thought the song was saying "Ricky" when it was first playing on the radio! I used to think what a wonderful name that was and I was sure my first boyfriend would be named Ricky. Ricky Schroeder, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment previously on the documentary, "God Grew Tired of Us." It was so good and I recommend it, too. It really left me with a different perspective.