Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday morning is here

by teresa


I find it incredible that the sun still rises and sets each day...even though he is gone. Did you know the major tv stations are still starting the fall lineup this week? Why? Who would want to cut on the tv?

We are heading to church in a few minutes...a little sad...but ready.
You see...for those who don't know the full story of my fathers passing....he died at church (which is where he worked on the custodial staff).
The place of his death...funeral...and today ...the place where our healing begins.


I will miss our rivalry over one of the "choice" pews. He would try to beat us to church to sit in it first. When we walked in...he would have a victors grin on his face as we had to take the seat behind him instead.
Last week...we got there first and I had the big grin on my face. So for most of the service...he kept putting his foot up and nudging my arm ...from the side where no one could see. I pushed it off...he would give me that grin...and then repeat his taunting a few minutes later.


I will sit there today...and know he is looking down and smiling at me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to going to church this morning. My heart is overflowing with joy and sadness. Thank you God for giving us your only Son so that we could be reconciled with you.

Lisa said...

Consider yourself hugged.

Blessings
Lisa