Tuesday, April 29, 2008

by teresa

We had awful weather yesterday.
Tornado warnings, heavy rain.
We were all on lock down for hours.
Our area was spared, just branches down, power outages, hail damage.
But 15 miles away was trounced.
Category 4 tornados.
Nothing left of homes but concrete slab foundations.
120 homes and businesses...flattened.
So far (thank God) no one has been reported dead, but 200 are injured.
I think what helped is that it happened around 4:00pm , before most people were home from work.
Send prayers their way to help ease the suffering and sadness.
I read an amazing story not to long ago about a family going through this situation and how it was a blessing in the end.
Click here to read.
God is so good.

3 comments:

Fold My Laundry Please said...

I heard about those tornados on CNN yesterday. What a tragedy it was! I thought about you and your family, I honestly don't know enough about where anything is in Virginia to really worry at all. But only 15 miles away! Yikes! Thank goodness you and your family are alright.

Zephra said...

Seems to be a bad year for storms. Glad you are okay but I am so sad for those hit.

Anonymous said...

The story you linked to was so good. It's really true that what we may think of as a tragedy could really be a blessing from God.