Friday, April 04, 2008

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.

by teresa

We had a mellow evening.
After the past few days of drama and sorrow we needed it.
No meetings, no practices, no stress.
Chris and I met at home after the funeral services and changed in our "I ain't leaving the house in this" clothes.
When the boys came home from school we lounged across the bed and did homework with them then I came down and cooked dinner (chopped steak w/gravy, mashed taters and asparagus). We ate by candlelight(with symphony music blaring in the background thanks to Nick toying with the stereo) , and everyone (including my mom) enjoyed the food. Lauren called from school and heard what we were having,"please please please save some," she asked. I made sure to tuck a plate for her in the back of the fridge, whether or not it was left untouched by the time she got home last night I don't know.
We cleaned up the dishes and headed to the couch to watch Wheel of fortune and Jeopardy.
Our biggest excitement of the night was an improptu game of sock tag (which I won by the way).
You won't believe this but we were in bed by 9:00pm!
I didn't even hear Lauren creep in from her study group.
I woke at 2:00am thinking the alarm was about to go off.
That was awesome. Four more hours of sleep. Don't you love it when that happens?

My uncle and his family are coming in town this afternoon to visit mom and help us celebrate Katy and Lauren's birthdays (Katy tomorrow, Lauren Mon.).
We will head to the Purple Cow for dinner and then to mom's for cake and ice cream.
Sounds like heaven to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which night is the celebration?

Anonymous said...

I love to wake up during the night thinking it's almost time to get up and having a few more hours to sleep. That's the best!!!