Sunday, May 25, 2008

by teresa

Ben's new thing is waking up early to tell me he loves me before Chris does.
"Has Dad told you yet?", he asks.
I say ,"I don't think so."
"Yippee!!", he squeals.
"I LOVE YOU MOMMA!", he shouts.
Then I get a big hug and kiss too.

Melts your heart doesn't it?

The other thing he has started is putting on the armor of God before we leave the house.
We learned about it in bible school a couple of weeks ago.
He has heard it taught many times before, but this lesson was very exciting with cool props and it really got through to him.
So I put a note on the front door to remind us to do it each morning before we leave.
HE NEVER FORGETS!
The helmet of salvation
The breastplate of righteousness (he does the motions as if he is putting each thing on)
The belt of truth
The sword of the spirit (the Word of God)
Feet covered with peace (he does a little jig after putting these on each time)
The shield of Faith

Then he picks up his book bag and heads for the bus.
What a precious boy.
As he walks off I can actually see it on him.
It's very empowering to go through this each morning with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What an awesome thing. We should all do this each day... race to tell someone we love them ... AND put on the Aromor of God.

Fold My Laundry Please said...

Have you seen this? It might just be right up Ben's alley.

http://www.armorofgodpjs.com/