Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let's all stand for the playing of our National Anthem

by teresa

Oh my gosh. I was just checking my email and listening to my blog and realized yesterday's song had a curse word in it.
Sorry.
I had no idea.


First day of school yesterday for Lauren.
Back to ODU.
We sent her out with our check card to get school supplies.
She came back with a planner and a flash drive.
Wow, things sure have changed.
No notebooks, pencils and loose leaf.
Just a laptop and all set.
They email every assignment to the professors.
No paper....ever.


Ben got his teacher assignment in the mail today. We are so excited that he was placed with Mrs. Logan. She was Nick's teacher and was so nice and patient....and with Ben's chatty mouth he will need someone nice and patient.


The boys had a friend spend the night last night. They spent the entire day in the pool today. I got bored sitting out there so I went in Dad's garage (you can still supervise the swimming from there) and watched What Not to Wear and ate a couple of minute maid frozen lemonade pops. The temperature dropped overnight, making it pretty chilly out there. I was not about to get in the pool with them.

Ben has been practicing his back stroke takeoff. Michael Phelps style. Over and over and over he tries to acheive the perfect kick off. Just think...in 2016 he could be wearing the gold.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Ben got a good teacher. I hope Kristian and Kai do, too. I'm glad the kids have been enjoying the pool this year.

kristi said...

Looks like he is working on perfection!! I love my son's teacher this year.