Monday, August 18, 2008

Everybody needs the Lord!

by teresa

Ben and Kristian were baptized at church yesterday.
They were both dedicated to Christ as infants, but their baptism time was completely left to them. I don't know about Kristian, but Ben asked Jesus in his heart a few years ago at a VBS alter call. After VBS this year he expressed an interest in being baptized. He has been very excited all week and even prepared to say something. You see, the pastor usually asks you to say a little word right before he dunks ya. Ben told us he was going to say, "I love the Lord.....and all people NEED the Lord." We thought that was sweet. But when it was his turn to into the pool the pastor didn't ask him if he wanted to say anything. Instead he gave a word from God over Ben that he was going to do great things for the Kingdom of God. Wow! We may have another Billy Graham or T.D. Jakes on our hands. Now if I can just get him to stop pinching his brother....we would be on the right path.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see Ben and Kristian being baptised and I'm thankful that my whole family loves Jesus. What a blessing that is!

People really do need the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Karen ... you are so right! I thank God everyday for my family and how they love Jesus. We are so blessed! I'm so proud of Chris and Teresa and Katy for the way they are raising their children to love Jesus.