Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mommy mojo

So happy to have Nick back home today. He has been gone since Friday, on a camping trip with the CHOP (chesapeake house of prayer) group. With Ben gone too, I was a little out of sorts. As a parent, you have these dreams of a time when your kids are grown and out of the house. You will revel in all the free time and clean counters and quiet. After 24 hours of "freedom" I was over it. Couldn't stand the quiet. No one to check on. No fussing, no whining, no...mommy. Chris and I were sitting, enjoying dinner...and I just started to cry. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm nuts. It seems I need family "noise" to be...me. Five minutes after Nicks return home, I had a steak dinner prepared for him, his clothes in the wash and had sent him for a shower (teenager+camp out =stank). I had my mojo back! Can't wait for Ben to come home on Saturday, so I can be at full strength.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm sure Katy will send over a few of her kids.