Saturday, August 04, 2007

hammers and drills and saws...oh my!

by teresa

Up late again....nothing new about that.
Actually, I am pretty tired. I just can't drag myself out of my cozy new reading chair I purchased at a second hand store yesterday. I bought two chairs...and a cute round table to fill our naked office. Well...it was completely naked...it did have an entertainment center, bookcase and desk....just nothing to sit on. So that room has been uncomfortable for a long time now. But not anymore. Now it has two cozy seating areas....and my seat(butt)....has been planted in these areas for the past 24 hours. I love it! I will post pictures later so you can envy my awesome bargain shopping expertise.

I also wanted to share with you a wonderful thing that has happened to our family. My sister's boyfriend (Maya's daddy...and hopefully Katy's future husband *fingers crossed*) is a jack of all trades. Painter, carpenter, construction,etc. Do you know what that means people? That means I now have a handyman at my disposal. Thank you Jesus! Cause we all know the hubby(although a man) isn't very handy. Josh is coming this weekend to build us a new gate...and repair our front storm door. I love him already!!!! Katy better not let him slip through her fingers...or I may have to arrange a marriage to Lauren just so we don't lose him.
Now my dad (our #1 handyman) can get a little peace. With him "not getting any younger" we don't like asking him to do more than inspect a situation...and report what we need to get someone to do.
*funny update*
Chris just went outside to change Lauren's burned out headlight.....and my daddy (who was watching from his front window) came out and took over. hee hee He can't stand to see someone struggling with something. The bulb had melted into the socket...and Chris was not getting the task done without help.
Thank you daddy.

2 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

hmm....lauren, a aunt to her step child? let's revisit this thought. hehe!

see you sunday!!!

Anonymous said...

heyyy

sounds like fun! vegetating in your new/old chair....

:)

Muah~