Thursday, August 09, 2007

sweltering heat, paper cuts and blueberry dreams

by teresa

What does this song (Blueberry Hill...in case I changed it before you read this) make you think of?
It makes me think of Happy Days...and how Richie Cunningham used to sing it when he liked a girl. I loved that show.

It is so hot here.
I took the boys over to mom's pool yesterday...for maybe ten minutes.
I could take the heat no longer than that.
The kids were miserable even in the water.
They ate a couple of freezie pops (those things are great) that melted before they could finish the whole thing...then they asked to go home.
100 + degrees.
I need fall to happen quickly!

I took Nick to his schools' library last night. He took four book tests and aced them all. Now...before school even starts...he has met his reader points for the first nine weeks. Yippee!
Now he has the reading bug. He started a new book last night about ogres, trolls, vikings, castles,etc. I finally made him go up to bed after midnight. The book was apparently so eerie...he was too chicken to go upstairs by himself. So funny. I do admit that I may have (by accident) cut the light off on him and ran ahead to freak him out.

I am spending today cleaning out our files and organizing our office closets. Once done I will be able to restock the shelves with this years school supplies (that I plan to buy this weekend). And with the files cleaned out I will be able to easily slide new info in...without permanently injuring my hand cramming papers into too full folders. Have you ever had a file folder paper cut? It hurts.

My final task for the day is to update my calendars for the new school years commitments. I have scraps of paper tucked here and there with dentist appts. and other important dates. I also have two calendars (a purse and a desk on) going on at the same time....and I need to make them both match. Don't want to forget anything...right?

As I was sitting here typing Nicky came in and asked if he could bake some muffins all by himself. Uhhhh...duh....of course! He got to work right away....and there are heavenly blueberry scents coming from my kitchen.
Don't be jealous.


Here's a picture of me reading in my new chair. I love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to make some yummy oatmeal cookes? That's what I want. I don't really like blueberries.

Ben told me yesterday that it is so cold in your house that he has to step outside for a minute every now and then just to thaw out.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh I can't wait until my kids can bake for me. Yummmm...

Musings of a Housewife said...

My kids are enjoying your music, lol.

Zephra said...

I have plans to do the same thing to my office as soon as school starts. I love that feeling of order.