Monday, August 27, 2007

Today was the big day

by teresa

My little girls first day of college.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! I AM NOT THIS OLD!
I can remember her first day of kindergarten. The aqua blue sleeveless dress ....with her tan arms peeking out the sides. Her short, bob haircut....I even remember that she had a sausage biscuit for breakfast. I snapped a photo of her as she turned and posed for me while climbing on the school bus.
She was nervous...but not a scared, I don't want to go nervous. An excited...I'm just anxious to get there and get this experience started kinda nervous.
I saw the same thing on her face this morning.
Longer , wild, curly hair....cute dress replaced by faded jeans a t-shirt and flip flops. No poses or smiles for mom this morning. I had to BEG for the annual back to school "family tree" picture. She was seriously not going to let my take it until she saw how upset it made me. She was like..."are you gonna cry if I don't let you take it?" I said..."GET IN FRONT OF THE FREAKING TREE NOW!" She informed me (as she was in front of the tree) that you only have to take family tree pictures until high school graduation. I informed her (as I was snapping away) that the tree pictures don't stop until you move out!

hahahaha
As I was typing this post...Lauren (the big girl who doesn't need or want her mommy's help) called from school. She has been driving around panicked for 30 minutes trying to find an available parking spot. I told her where a good place was (that she didn't know about) and she sounded relieved at the info.
See...she still needs her mommy.

I can't wait till she gets home tonight (she has classes all day) to find out how it went and if she knew anyone in her classes.
Here's this mornings pictures.





5 comments:

Zephra said...

That last shot is just so funny. And they will always need their mommies.

Anonymous said...

Hey ... that last picture looks like her kindergarten school picture. Well, almost. You guys are so funny. There's nothing like the Mother / Daughter relationship. Don't tell Lauren yet, but, she will always need her Mommy.

Anonymous said...

You still look precious, Lauren. I'm glad you let your Mommy take your picture by the tree. I hope you liked school and paid attention today.

Anonymous said...

You are NEVER too old to take first day of school pictures!

Sterling Dawn said...

YAY!!! first day of college!!!! (i still need my mommy...and i'm done with it!)

lauren, good luck with the parking thing. it will be the biggest problem of your life for the next 4 years. no joke! :)