Friday, August 10, 2007

Still Here

By Chris

It's 5:50 a.m. and I'm still in WV. Had to stay at the lovely Holiday Inn Express for literally just a few hours. Flight finally canceled . . . no agent ever showed up at the gate. Saw it on the Internet, and went to the front of the airport . . . Was like, uhhh, you might want to tell the rest of the people back there the flight is canceled. Uggghhhh. So, it was a day trip, and I packed nothing. 24 hours later .... same clothes . .. yuck. Brush? Nope. Toothbrush? uhhh, no. Deodorant? Ha! Available toiletries at H. Inn? None. Stores open in Charleston late at night that sell suff like that? Nada. A way to get there even if there were? ... There was a washing machine in the hotel, which in my tired state I consedered using . . . but do the math. One outfit . . . washing machine in a public area. What was I thinking I was going to wear while the clothes were being washed. Duhh. I'm supposed to be on a 6:20 ... to PITTSBURGH!! Then eventually home. Sometime before noon, if you're reading at home. My weird re-ticketing on another airline must have put me in a suspicious category, because I got "selected" for the advanced screening. "Good morning stinky man in clothes from yesterday. Let me get real close to you and pat you down." I bet he really enjoyed the shoeless feet vacinity with my now not-so-fresh socks (I did put them in the sink and blow them dry . . . but still).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for the screener...uh,I mean you.

Gidget said...

That is so funny honey.
We should probably be seeing you here soon.
Teresa

Gidget said...

I just thought of something. Were you wearing your new socks? hee hee
Chris picked up some new socks last week. A different store...different brand than we usually buy. He wore them one day this week and for some reason they made his feet smell so bad. I mean peel the paint off the wall bad. He blamed it on the strange makeup of the sock mixed with his normal foot funk. A lethal combination! As he sat reading the kids came in one by one. Each one complaining of an awful smell (which they thought might be the dog).
Please...tell...me...you...wore....those...socks!!!!!
Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I feel for ya!