Thursday, June 26, 2008

blah blah blah

by teresa

*Kristian and Kai left for two weeks with their dad's family on a trip to Ohio. Ben misses them terribly. He never goes more than a day without spending time with them. We will have a big party when they return.

*Ben has been attending VBS every morning this week. He was nervous on Monday going it alone (Kristian & Kai are always signed up too), but by minute two he had found some friends he knew and was waving me off.

*Nick has a double ear infection. Ouch. The doctor said it was probably swimmers ear that turned into infections. Poor fellow can't get in the pool for two weeks. He asked if it got him out of showering too...I informed him that as a matter of public health he MUST shower daily!

*Ben has a friend from soccer spending two nights with us. They were up past midnight playing need for speed on the playstation. I heard Ben around 11:30 yell out, "Oh man!!! The po-po (police) got me doing 110 in the canyon!"

*I am reading a really good book. It's by Karen Kingsbury and called Oceans Apart. It's our book club selection for July. Awesome read! I was up past midnight reading until my eyes could not stay open.

* I slept on the couch last night. I went up to bed after loading the dishwasher and folding clothes and I found Nick asleep next to Chris in our bed. We had made him a pallet on the floor (since his brother had a friend over) but I guess it wasn't working for him. I tried to move him to no avail. That boy is the size of a grown man! So I grumpily grabbed my blanket and made my way to the couch. My neck is killing me this morning.

*Lauren starts summer school next week. She is taking two classes to try and get ahead. We haven't seen her more than a minute in the past month. Her best friend Jasmine is home from Hampton University and they are inseparable. Out everyday after work at the movies, shopping, eating out and hanging at friend houses. They have come to our house twice but her brothers usually get on her nerves. I can understand that, cause they get on my nerves too.

*We watched the show wipeout with the boys this week. It is so stupid....which means the boys absolutely loved it. It's a crazy obstacle course with mud pits, giants bouncy balls and a wall with boxing gloves that come punching out at you. They were laughing hysterically the whole hour. Ben ask me to sign him up if they have a kids show. He kept saying (as the adults on the show were failing every obstacle) I know I could do this mom....I really could.

*Our new favorite family show is Million Dollar Password. We all sit and watch, close our eyes and see if we can guess the word before the contestants do. It is perfect to watch with the kiddies.

*I woke up this morning to a mutilated squirrel on the back patio. No head, fur ripped off, just bones left on the legs. KIKI!!!!!! She chases the squirrels everyday, nearly catching them. I guess one of the furry creatures was off his game this morning and KiKi enjoyed herself a redneck breakfast.

*Chris is off tomorrow and all next week. Yipee! Tag teaming the kids is always easier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EWWW!! I wish I wasn't eating my lunch while reading about the squirrel! That's so gross.

Other stuff sounds really fun, though (except for Nick's ears). I'll pray they get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor Nick! Two weeks out of the pool will be worse than the pain for him. I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for ... him or you. He's going to be real bored!

Did someone say party. Will there be ice cream?

Too bad Kiki ate most of the squirel ... you could have thrown him in the crockpot for dinner.

I'm glad Ben is enjoying VBS... wish I was there.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Wipeout is kind of stupid...probably why I loved it. I do have a sense of humor much like a young boy though.

Anonymous said...

ok that isnt blah blah blah!

how are you?

I am making the rounds


i suck at blogging now

hey, i just remembered that i forgot to send the $$ for the book thing

email me your address so i dont have to look for it

lol

Watkins said...

I went to our library website and placed a hold for Oceans Apart. I love Karen Kingsbury. Thanks for the heads up.