Friday, June 06, 2008

by teresa

We are really busy around here as the end of the school year approaches.
Exams, concerts, field day, career day, field trip, 3rd grade graduation, end of year parties and pta board meetings for three schools (Ben's school this year and next year and Nick's school).
A last minute project (that someone else was assigned nine months ago) was dumped in my lap this week that had me cutn' and bagn' for days. Box tops for education. Does your childs school do this? You collect Campbells labels or General Mills labels, cut the upc's then bag them up according to the website regulations, create an account for your school, and mail it all to companies. It was a pain in the rear, but it raised $287.00 from GM's and 5,000points from Campbell's (which gets you tons of good stuff when you add it to our previous total). What that translates to is about 10,000 labels I cut and bagged. The things we do for our kids!
The kids have one more week left of school....and they are bouncing off the walls.
No more homework, early morning wake ups, socks (flip flops for all till Sept.) or meetings till Sept. If we can just get through the next seven days.
It's been so chaotic around here lately I have to escape for a few minutes the other day. Kristian was over doing homework with Ben, KiKi and Shorty were yapping at the guy across the street cutting his grass, Nick was practicing his trumpet and arguing with Ben, Chris had his work stuff spread out in MY office working from home (if I had an office to escape to I would be there in a heartbeat), and I just wanted to be alone (is it too much to ask to have a moment in your own house alone???).

So I snuck out(I think I said something about running to the grocery store).



*********************************************************
The brain freeze was worth it.
I had a fifteen minute sonic grape slush vacation from the madness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's how I look when I'm drinking my McDonald's milkshake. I sometimes get a medium size shake, and it's done before I get home (about 3 minutes).

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Brain freeze is the worst!

kristi said...

LOL....I love Sonic!

Zephra said...

That was the best post. Thanks for the laugh.

Watkins said...

You are so funny! I feel like I am right there with you in the car! haha

It is so hot here too! I did boxtops until I left - my mom volunteered and I had to follow through but I hate it.