Monday, November 17, 2008

Has anyone seen a toad....a boy named Neville's lost one?

by teresa

Can I just tell you how in love I am with the show jon & kate plus 8?
Their vow renewal is on tonight and I am sooo excited.
I know...I'm lame.

I had a prayer meeting today....at school.
ooooooh.
Prayer? In school?
I know, I'm such a rebel.
I met with another mother on the PTA board (about PTA business) and then one thing led to another and there we were....in the PTA office having prayer time together.
Ben told me he walked by the room and peeked in the window and saw me.
He was like,"hey mom....me and my class saw you praying today?"
"Who you are will be reflected in the words and actions of your children."

So tonight at soccer practice one of the parents had to be taken to the ER. He was playing around and fell...dislocated his shoulder. It looked like it hurt alot. Poor guy. Keep him in your prayers that surgery won't be needed.

Ben started The Sorcerer's Stone today after school. He is wanting to rack up big AR points....and a Harry Potter book is just the thing to do it. They are worth triple + what most of the other books in the library are. He jumped in the car heading for soccer giggling about tossing gnomes and flying cars.

6 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

has ben read HPs yet? if not....THIS IS AN AMAZING DAY IN HIS LIFE!! if so, then good for him, reading it more than once!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? A kid catching his Mom praying ... at school no less. GO MOM!

Jackie Barham said...

Unrelated to this post, but, did you see that it might SNOW today? And ... I wanted you to see my new picture. Did you recognize Lauren? I know it's been a while since you have seen her. :)

Gidget said...

In response to Sterling....
He has read #1 and now is tackling #2. I know, I get excited to ask him questions as he reads. He keeps asking me,"hey mom, why didn't the movie have that part."
He is learning young that movies NEVER have it over BOOKS!

Elisabeth said...

I love your blog, Teresa. You are an awesome writer! I wanted you to know I was teasing on facebook this morning - I would keep my house at 80 all the time if I could.

Have a great day - awesome about the praying in school!!

ellen

ps. I found a photo of my 6th or 7th bday party and you were in it...great times, great times.

Gidget said...

Ellen....thank you for your praise. I enjoy your blog very much also and can't wait until your little bundle comes home to you and the hubby. I was thinking of our playtimes. Remember how we used to put a papertowel across all our cups to make it a sippy cup?