Saturday, November 08, 2008

Ick Away! ... Weekend Ahead

By Chris

The Ick tried to move in on me early this morning. I woke up feeling a little "iffy" ... if you know what i mean. I was sooo careful, too, I thought. I even sprayed Teresa with Lysol when she was sleeping (sorry, baby). Alas, I seem to have willed it away. I got up and carried on like I didn't feel bad. I'm not going to be so bold as to eat, but Ginger Ale and Diet Cokes produced some very helpful burping a couple of hours ago, which seems to have made me feel better. For now. Good thing too, because there's ODU basketball to watch tonight . . . and missing that is really not an option for me. We'll do it without Nick, because he's gone camping with grandpa George. He loves ODU basketball too, but it doesn't come close to competing with camping with George. He was giddy all night and morning after getting word that the trip was on. Did you ever have some people or some place you really, really loved to go or be around as a kid? A place you really fit in and always had fun at. A place and person \ people you would long for? Well, that's Nick and his Nanny Jackie and George. He would move over there if we let him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww ... you made me cry. I miss them. The feeling is quite mutual ... for all the grand kids!!! Thank you for giving us such wonderful grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here in the Business office in Charlotte reading your blog. Jackie must be in Atlanta by now. I know George and Nick are having alot of fun. He does love to be around Nanny Jackie and George. What a blessing that the grandkids are so close to their grandparents (both emotionally and physically). The feeling is mutual.

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here in the Business office in Charlotte reading your blog. Jackie must be in Atlanta by now. I know George and Nick are having alot of fun. He does love to be around Nanny Jackie and George. What a blessing that the grandkids are so close to their grandparents (both emotionally and physically). The feeling is mutual.