Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trunk R Treat . . Smell My Feet

By Chris

Teresa's slacking again. So, an update. There's soccer tournament games today at 1 and 3:30 at Hodges Manor Elementary.

Went to the big ol' harvest party last night. It was packed. Everyone had fun. Nick entered his chili into the contest, and people gobbled up the whole pot pretty quick. It is actually really, really good. It was popular, but he didn't win a prize. Bummer. Ben put together a costume at the last minute, deciding he did not want to be a soccer player after all. He was a marine, Gomer Pile, and won second place and a Target gift card. Which is so Ben. It was his second "win" of the day. He reported that he is officially the most flexible kid in his class, according to the PE teacher. Whatever that means??? Nick said, with a laugh, "I should have let him help me with the chili!" I think Nick was the happiest person at the whole party though. . . friends of ours even pointed it out. Those who know the details will praise God with us for that . . . because this day a year ago was ... really, really, really bad.

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is awesome when you realize that God is in control of everything. We worry ourselves sick over things that we have no control over.. when we can just give all our troubles to God and he will lay out his plan for our lives ..EASILY! JUST TRUST IN HIM!

Anonymous said...

This week I've been thinking a lot about how things were a year ago. I thank God for answered prayers and the way he carries us through the hard times. That song is so appropriate, it happens to be one of my favorite songs.

Anonymous said...

Katy ... what a blessing your comment is! I'm so grateful that You, Chris and Teresa have learned this lesson. Many people never do.

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite songs, too. Especially so during this past year. He carries us through the hard, painful times and turns our sorrow into joy. If we just trust Him and are anxious for nothing.