Monday, February 12, 2007

Does anybody have a tissue? Some chapstick maybe?

by teresa

I am so glad I kept up with the laundry all weekend. Usually I don't....and Monday mornings I am met with a pile as high as my thighs. This morning I only had one tub waiting....what everyone wore yesterday.

Lauren and I stayed up late last night watching a scary movie called Dark Water. Yikes! I don't think I will shower for a week.

Everyone in the Green home has a winter cold. Stuffy, drippy, head achy, scratchy throat. It makes the mornings so enjoyable(you know how stopped up you feel after laying down).
But...cold or not...life has to move forward. Chores have to be done...errands need to be run....blah blah blah. Nick(who is dramatic and whiny beyond measure) stayed home from school today due to his cold. I'm soooooo sick mom. (said in a near death voice) My nose is running and my lips are reeeeealy chapped. I can't go to school. I had him get up, shower, dress, eat breakfast and take some ibuprofen. His ride came...and he wouldn't go. Stood there at the door crying. I waved them away and let him go back to bed. I guarantee he will be down in two hours wanting to play PlayStation and have lunch.

Sometime this week we should find out about the read-a-thon winners. Ben is chomping at the bit to know how he fared.

Ben's 8th birthday is this weekend. I have much planning and shopping to do. He hasn't given us any indication as to what he would like as a gift. Every time I ask he says..."I don't know?"
So I will have to go to toyrus blind and hope for the best. He is having his friend party Saturday and his family party Sunday after church. Two cakes....what a shame.

I finished The Kite Runner. It was very good. Very good. Chris took it on his trip this morning...and I have started a new book. Water For Elephants. I saw it highlighted on The Today show a few months back. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

The dryer just stopped. I will now fold and put away whats in it. And then spend the day reveling in the fact that my hampers are empty. Go me!

No comments: