Thursday, February 15, 2007

Let's have a party

by teresa

Ben stayed home today. He said he threw up this morning...but I think he just coughed up a little yuckyness from his throat. Whatever...he was so upset...and crying...and complaining of a headache. So I let him stay home. Of course by noon he was bouncing off the walls.

Since I couldn't run around today...I will be busy most of tomorrow getting stuff for his birthday party. I mistakenly put all the invitations into his book bag (we made too many). He came home the other day and said...I gave out the leftover invitations on the bus. So who knows how many kids will be showing up. I was OK with 20 kids....but 30? Yikes. But you know how it is....only half will show up anyway. And out of those...only 5 or so will RSVP. I like to be prepared (goody bags and prizes) so I always have to buy more to accommodate for the kids who just show up at the last minute.

What kind of parties do you usually have for your kids? Do you invite kids from school...or just have family parties? Sleepovers or bowling parties?
With three kids...I've done it all.
Chuckie Cheese
Home party
Pajama party
School friends party
Church friends party
Restaurant party
Family party

I prefer the family only parties. Less stress for mom. But Ben (who hasn't had a kid party since he turned six) wanted the whole shebang.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy had to pick Kai up from school early today because he was throwing up and had a fever. I hope nothing is going around again.

Watkins said...

I am still sick 6 weeks later - coughing up stuff every day for a week! UGH!

We have had family and friends parties with both school and church friends. We had a huge backyard party the first year we moved into our house and had a clown. We did Painty & Party pottery which was fun and gumball craft at Michaels. She wants a Chuck E Cheese party - since we go there every month for school now - what is the novelty??