Thursday, February 22, 2007

"Ever notice that even the busiest people are never too busy to tell you just how busy they are”

by teresa

Last night was the soccer draft. I went alone since it was ODU's last home game of the season. Chris and Nick attended the game (Lauren took Ben to dinner and church) and I went to the draft and the grocery store.
We got a couple of kids from seasons past...which is always good since they are already familiar with your coaching style...and you are already aware of their skills. We have sixteen kids...eight boys and eight girls. We have never had that many girls (every team had that many). I think that's great. Our practices begin next week(mon,fri,sat). It will be pretty busy around here for awhile since it will overlap with basketball for the next three weeks. And don't forget karate...somehow we need to sandwich the boys karate classes in there too.

So...did anybody watch American Idol last night? I thought it was way better than Tuesday nights(the boys) show. I already have favorites.
Girls:
Jordan Sparks
Sabrina Stone
Melinda Dolittle
and the amazing Lakisha Jones (full figured, single mom...she is my favorite)
Boys:
AJ Tabaldo
Chris Sligh
Phil Stacey
Blake Lewis

I look forward to tonight's elimination episode.

We were up late last night talking and laughing with Lauren. She purchased a new memory card for her phone this week...and loaded it with hundreds of songs. The most eclectic mix of music you will find anywhere. Chris, Lauren and I were jammin out to Space Cowboy (Steve Miller 1969). That is the funniest(stupidest) song. We kept lip syncing that part that goes.."Some people call me Maurice" *wheerwheer* I thought I would cry from laughing so hard. She also has Michael Jackson, Prince, Elvis, Beyonce,etc.

Tonight Chris is taking the boys to buy paint and stickers for their pinewood derby cars(they traced and cut them out a few weeks ago). The race is Sunday afternoon at church. Our church hosts the Royal Ranger pinewood derby each year. I will make sure to post pictures of the finished cars.

I am so stuffy. I blew my nose yesterday...and you can't even imagine the volume of "yuck" that came out of me. I swear once I was done I had shrunk an inch!

I have a question. I washed and dried some clothes that had an ink pen in one of the pockets. It burst and is all over the light colored clothes. Are they ruined...or do you have some ingenious Martha Stewart solution for how to get the stains out?
Help!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a product they used to sell on TV called DiDi Seven (google it) that was great for ink. You soak the clothes in water with it. It may not work it the clothes have been through the dryer.

Anonymous said...

Oh ... get Mr. Laundry king. He's been fooling me all these years telling me he doesn't even know how to work the washer & dryer.

Anonymous said...

By the way ... the D.D. Seven does work. Thanks George, I was trying to remember the name.

Anonymous said...

That's what I call busy. I don't know when you'll fit the karate in there.

I've gotten ink out with toothpaste before, but it wasn't as much ink as you're talking about.

Beth said...

Hairspray has worked for me. Also, Amway makes a great stain remover but it might be cheaper to replace the ruined stuff than have the Amway knocking on your door!