Thursday, October 04, 2007

by teresa

I called my Dad's cellphone today.
I just wanted to hear his voice (on voicemail).
Is that weird?
I left him a message.
Is that even weirder?

I have gotten back in to reading myself to sleep. No more nintendo in bed. I have also been sleeping very sound. My awake time has been harder though. The past two days I can not stop thinking. Wishing. Dwelling. I think it is just now sinking in. He is gone. Not up the road at 7-11. Not out in the garage fiddling around. Not taking a nap. Not across the street at Gerri's having a cup of coffee. Gone forever. It sucks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was very hard for me, too. I had tears welling up in my eyes on and off all day. When you called me to ask me if I felt the kiss that you blew to me when you drove by CBN, I was actually standing at the copy machine crying. Thanks for your call and kiss. It was sent from God.

Today's starting out pretty much the same. I feel so sad. I called his phone last week and left a message (Jimmy, I love you and miss you so much.) And, I kiss the picture of him that is on the refrigerator all the time. He used to ask "Does everybody kiss as much as we do?". It should have been enough to last a lifetime. . . but it wasn't.

Musings of a Housewife said...

I don't know what is making me sadder, your post or your mom's comment. ((hug))

Anonymous said...

I knew Karen was having a difficult time Friday so I was trying to distract her at work. Of course she didn't say anything because she doesn't want people to worry about her. Seeing you guys suffer and reading your posts makes me so sad. I pray for you often that God will comfort you and strengthen you. I love you guys so much and wish there was something I could do to ease your pain.

Misty said...

this post made me sad. I lost my "mom" a year ago and it was devestating... It took months to really affect me, and even still, things will pop up and I am reminded of her beautiful smile and her generous laugh...

Thanks for being rawly honest in your blog.

Delane said...

I'm so very, very sorry. I haven't been keeping up with things lately and had no idea. I'll have you and your entire family in my thoughts.