Monday, October 08, 2007

by teresa

Ben just left for school. He was ready and sitting here with me while I was on the computer. A minute before the bus came he ran upstairs. I figured he forgot something...and went to retrieve it. I heard the bus coming down the street just as he was coming back down. He grabbed his book bag and made his way out the door. I scanned him as he bolted down the front steps to see what he had run upstairs for. Then my eyes fell on his head. Oh my. He had gone up to put some finishing touches on his hair I guess. It was apparent he had been in Lauren's hair gel and he looked like Alfalfa from the little rascals...no exaggerating!

The librarian from Nick's school called on Friday. They need me to come in one or two days this week to help out. I will go later today....if I can get my hampers empty in the next couple of hours. I haven't done laundry since Friday morning....so it will take some time.

I wish our kids were off today (for Columbus day). I could have used a sleep in day.

Lauren is out of school for the next two days on a mini fall break. She is taking pity on Katy ...and taking Kaden (aka crazy girl) to the zoo for a few hours. I am sending my camera with them in hopes of some fun pictures. Lauren asked me if she should take Kaden's stroller. I said no....and assured her she would be fine tottering around. hahahahahahahaha! I am so bad. I giggle every time I think of Lauren in full pursuit of that maniac toddler. Serves her right. Her and Kaden are one in the same. We even call Kaden...Lauren Jr.

After I drop the kids off at school I need to run by the grocery store (we are out of everything) and Lifeway book store to pick up the book for this weekends club meeting. I know...I know...I should have read it by now. Don't worry...I will get it done by Sat. night.

I also need to buy a new pencil sharpener for the house. We have an old fashioned, school house, hand cranked one mounted in the garage. But, it has seen it's better days...and just leaves you with broken stubs. I actually chewed a point on Ben's pencil the other day so he could finish his homework. Seriously.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! I'm sitting here dying from laughing ! I can just see you gnawing away at a pencil trying to get a nice point to write with! ROFLOL!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! I'm sitting here dying from laughing ! I can just see you gnawing away at a pencil trying to get a nice point to write with! ROFLOL!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read how the trip to the zoo went. Although Lauren will probably say it went fine since to her Kaden probably seems perfectly normal.

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd have had time to get a picture of Ben. He must have been experimenting with his hairstyle before this morning.

I hope the pictures from the zoo came out okay. I can't wait to see them.

kristi said...

Yep, I have used a knife to sharpen a pencil before. We buy those little hand held sharpeners but somehow they always get "LOST".