Sunday, October 07, 2007

by teresa

It's been a nice weekend. My uncle and his family came Friday and stayed till it got dark last night. Our boys (his two and our two) played until they dropped each day. Bike riding, basketball, soccer, hide and seek and then a two hour nintendo ds battle. We will be heading up (No.Va.) to catch the cousins soccer games sometime in the next month.
I went into Dad's garage for a while yesterday. A science project for Ben and Kristian took me in there. I looked through all the cabinets, drawers and shelves. Cleaned a bit. Swept and organized a bit. My sister came out and joined me. We looked around...and touched his favorite tools(this would have been a no-no one month ago). We passed them between us. The cold steel, the sharp edges, the greasy residue. I could see his hands on them still. I couldn't count the hours of my life spent watching my daddy build or fix things with these tools. I also don't think he has ever thrown away a tool (hammers...so many hammers), knob, screw, hinge or hose away since I was born! We found the perfect odds and ends for the kid's projects.
Thanks Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy didn't really mind if someone used his tools as long as they brought them back. I think he would be happy with how his garage is looking now. I know there is a little more to do, but Nick is taking really good care of things.

It was really nice spending time with Jim and Beth this weekend. I like it when we all sit around talking and when Beth and I go to the scrapbook store.

The only problem with the weekend is that it went by too fast.