Monday, March 17, 2008

by teresa

Happy St. Patricks Day.
I had forgot about it altogether (and almost sent Ben to school in pinchable attire) and then I signed on to the computer and my google page came up with 4-leaf clovers on it.
Thank you google.
And Ben thanks you too.
Apparently they take the whole "pinch ya if yer not wearin' any green" serious in 3rd grade.

The best thing about St. Patricks day is the movie Leprechaun.
It's actually the worst movie ever made.
But it totally freaked my sister out with the scary Leprechaun running around and biting people. So I would yell out "LEEEEPREEECHAAUUUN!" in my most frightening leprechaun voice and she would cry.
hahahahaha
I wonder if it still works.

Yesterday I was hit, kicked, hugged and pounced on.
No...Chris was not being frisky....I taught childrens' church (3-5yr olds).
One little tot just broke down in the middle of our Jesus parade and had a fit.
Crying, screaming, flailing (and usually in the pentecostal church this is a good thing) but not this time. Poor little guy just needed some calm down time and then he rejoined our group just in time to be Jesus and ride Lauren (our donkey) around the room while the other kids and I threw our coats on the floor (we didn't have any palm leaves) and yelled "HOSANNA!"
It was a hoot.

Later the same kids' brother pounced on me when I was passing out my Jesus approved snacks (chip ahoy and lemonade). My fingernail caught him in the forehead and left a very Harry Potter looking lightning bolt wound from his hairline to his eyebrows.
It bled.
The kids squealed.
One yells out "do you think he will need stitches?"
Not helpful as I was trying to keep him calm and distracted while searching the cabinet for the first aid kit....and pass out the cookies and drink to the rest of the kids before a riot ensued.

Everything ended up fine.
The boys got picked up (the parents laughed about the craziness we had) they left running down the hall with their donkey, paperbag puppets shouting HOSANNA TO GOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of your funniest posts, Teresa. I peeked in your door when you were teaching and saw Lauren crawling around on all fours with a kid on her back and all of the other kids shouting Hosanna. I know Lauren was glad she decided to go upstairs to help you.