Saturday, March 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

by teresa

It has been almost six months since you went to Heaven.

We miss you and love you.


There is never a day you are not in our thoughts.


If you were here today I would have bought you a big can of cashues and a bottle of brut (like every year).


Mom would have bought you a new pair of Lands End pants (which were your favorite) and a nice shirt(with a pocket on the front...the only kind that would please you) , so you would have a new outfit for Easter Sunday.


The boys would have washed your truck as a surprise and Kristian would have made you a card with glitter and stickers.


Katy would have given you a giftcard to Golden Corral (you and mom's favorite) so y'all could go out on a date.


You would love it all...but act very flip about it, as you hated attention...even on your birthday.


I would try to get a hug and kiss and you would push me away (playfully) and fold your arms so none of us could grab you.


Smirk on your face...chubby cheeks pushing your eyes into smiling slits.


I would grab you and pretend to choke you...begging for a smooch.


You would holler out for momma,"KAREN! KAREN! DO YOU SEE HOW MY OWN DAUGHTER TREATS ME!"


Then you would give in (you always did) and give me a kiss and tell me you loved me.


I would smile(having won)....and then you would run off and pretend to wipe it off you face.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read your words(through my tears), I could clearly see him doing everything you said. I treasure all of those little things he so predictably did for many, many years. I miss him, too, honey.

Anonymous said...

That comment was from me.

christincherie said...

That was the sweetest thing I've read in a long time.