Friday, March 14, 2008

by teresa

Tired.

Blah.

Hit the snooze many, many, many times this morning.

Chris and I both got in around 11:30pm last night.

Him from Atlanta (where a faulty airplane door sent them back to Atlanta 45 minutes into their flight).

Me from church (where the last 100 bon bon orders (9 in each order) are bound to be the death of me).

I must take pictures of these contemptible confections so you can feel my pain.


On the up side....we broke the 1,500 mark yesterday afternoon.
OVER ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED MIXED, HAND MOLDED, HAND DIPPED (ONE AT A TIME), TRIMMED CAREFULLY TO REMOVE EXCESS CHOCOLATE AROUND THE BOTTOMS, DECORATED (WITH NAMES AND FLOWERS...A DIFFERENT COLORED FLOWER DEPENDING ON WHAT FLAVOR (six different flavors), BOXED UP (with boxes that had to be assembled and labeled on bottom to denote flavor), AND BAGGED ACCORDING TO SALESPERSON AND CUSTOMER (some folks sold 100 eggs).
It's an incredible project to be apart of.
Many ladies who come volunteer have been doing it 45 years.
Wow.
Our family is a fourth generation egg decorating family.
My nanny Dyer, Mom, me and my kids (who have put in many hours on the assembly line this week).

I can't wait to get my life back next week.
Back to the Y.
Back to the laundry.
Back to hanging with the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to help you TODAY. But I can TONIGHT!!