Sunday, March 09, 2008

by teresa

Nick and I spent 6 hours up at church yesterday getting caught up on the Easter egg orders(along with several other volunteers). He is such a big help...and I even gave in and let him decorate some eggs. He wanted to write names or put flowers on. I was like...no way. So I found something perfect. Putting dots in the middle of the flowers. He donned himself with a hair net and gloves(and a big 'ol smile). I gave him a loaded icing bag and he ran off eager to prove his egg decorating skills. I must say...his dots are the best darn dots of the lot. Good job Nick!

Last night was book club night. My favorite Saturday of the month. We read "Same Kind of Different As Me". The book was great. The evening was great (I love those ladies!). The food was beyond great. The fellowship was much needed and I left feeling re-energized.
Blessed and ready to start week two of Easter Bunny Project 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick may be the youngest person ever allowed to decorate the Easter Eggs. I know he loved it and I'm not surprised at all that he did a great job! Go Nick!

Anonymous said...

Nick reminds me so much of my brother (yes, I mean you, Jim). I think he would have enjoyed decorating chocolate Easter eggs when he was Nick's age.