Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Airtran??!!@+##

By Chris

It's 8:25. Airtran's new, plasma flight info screen at the gate indicates my 8:10 plane is on time. Dummies. I did make it onto a plane. Sat down. Started reading. Then we were told to get off the plane, go to another gate, and get on a different plane. No plane here though. But, it still says on time. We have a centralized announcement in a male voice saying the gate changed again. Now a more animated lady voice just made this annc: "I don't know who is making that announcement. Newport News is at this gate. I do not know who made that other announcement.". Huh?? Do they have someone making rogue announcements? Now the plane is here. Here comes a repeat of the generic announcements we heard before we got on the plane that we exited earlier. In case we forgot in the last 10 mins that you can't smoke onboard and that we will be boarding by zones. And, oh yeah, they "appreciate" my business. That makes me feel much better. Now it's 8:35. And the screen still indicates an on-time 8:10 departure. Now, mild confusion is breaking out as some people contemplate which gate announcement is right.

Oop. Now we're boarding ... This is live blackberry bloggin, man. Crud. I am on the jetway, and she took my ticket stub(the part you usually keep, because they took the other half on boarding attemp one). And, I don't remember my seat number. I'll take any seat at this point . Bye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really encounter some crazy things in your travel. I hope you got home on schedule.

Zephra said...

Well, at least they appreciate you. That makes everything better right?