Friday, May 25, 2007

by teresa

Man that felt good!
Slept till 9:00am this morning.
We all did.
We are beginning a four day memorial day weekend.
So no school or work till Tuesday.
But we have plenty to fill it.
Graduation party, cookouts, softball practice a luncheon meeting at church and moving Katy.
Somewhere in the middle of all that we MUST go see the new Pirates movie.

So....American Idol.
We enjoyed the finale so much.
Except for the the Golden Idol awards.
That was just plain mean.
I am the kind of person who can NOT bare to see someone be embarrassed or ridiculed.
I covered my eyes during those parts.
We DVR'd it..and have watched it a few times.
Well actually...Chris has watched the Blake/DougE. Fresh performance over and over.
If you could have seen that man's eyes light up when DougE. Fresh came on the stage.
He sang every word to the song....with a smile on his face and a shine in his eyes.
You didn't know that about the hubby did you?
He was a fiend for Rap music when we were teenagers.
MC Hammer, Doug E. Fresh, RunDMC, etc.

I'm off to go buy a new umbrella for our patio table.

Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

9am. That sounds HEAVENLY! I agree about the Golden Idol awards. Mean, mean, mean. And I loved the Doug E Fresh/Blake duo. Too cool!

Anonymous said...

I missed the first part of AI so please don't delete it until I get a chance to look at it.